Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blog Assignment #1

     Before registering for EDM 310, I honestly had no assumptions of this class nor had I heard anything about it. However after I registered for the class and began discussing my new schedule with other education majors, I began to hear mixed reviews of the class. Some said they really enjoyed it, even though it was time consuming, that the class was very hard but they had learned a lot and more than they had expected. Others completely disagreed and told me they felt sorry for me and that they were glad they had already fulfilled the requirement. I was really not to sure what to think about all the mixed comments, but my main fear was that it would be difficult keeping up with all the work and if I had the time to take this course while having a job.
     Compared to other classes I have taken here at South or in high school, I'll have to say that this course might be the most challenging, and this is not necessarily a bad thing, however, it is just new to me and something to get use to. The most difficult thing for me in EDM 310 this semester would be time management. I will have to learn how to balance all of my classes and my job to where I could have the 9 hours I need for this class, and the recommended study time for my other classes. The best way for me to overcome these difficulties would be to have a scheduler or planner and check it daily for future tests, assignments, and projects, and schedule time to study or complete each assignment.

cartoon of student struggling to balance college

2 comments:

  1. Great blog post! In the second paragraph, you said "i'll", so be sure to go back and capitalize the "i". Other than that, this is a great post. Time management will definitely be an important skill to have while enrolled in this course. Good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janae, I love your post and you and I have very similar feelings about this class. I am certainly nervous about it because I also struggle with time management, however, I know that it will all be worth it in the long run. I noticed a few grammatical errors though. One is where you said "to" instead of "too" and the other is just a repeated "my." Fix that and your post will be flawless!

    ReplyDelete