Sunday, November 9, 2014

C4T #3

I Love Math


I commented on Lois Lindemann's blog. The title of the first post I commented on is titled Back to School-Time to Set some Goals. This post was about what she expected for the school year ahead and goals she set for herself for the beginning of the school year like remembering all of her new students' name by the end of the first week. She also says how she would like to establish routines so she would not have to reinforce practical classroom routines every lesson.

My Comment:
Hello my name is Janae Ivory and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. My major is Secondary Mathematics Education. I am very excited to become a high school math teacher, and reading your post about the goals you have set for yourself for the beginning of the school year has me more excited than ever. Setting goals are very important to me because it is a way for me to stay organized and to keep up with everything. I also want to commend you on trying to learn every students name in only a week’s time because im sure its a lot of names to learn. It was great reading your post, I hope you achieve all of your goals and have a wonderful school year. 

Her second post is titled (An Unusual) Measure for Measure. This post was about an experience this teacher had when trying to figure out how much weight would be enough for her car to carry and how many trips would she have to take. She stated in the post that she wasn't good at converting kilograms however she knew how much a cyclist weighed, so she used that to determine how much she could carry i n her car at once. She said in the end thatb was a great unit of measurement to use and she will be using Fabian Cancellaras (the name of the cyclist she used) in the future.

My Comment:
Hi my name is Janae Ivory, a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama, and I am a secondary mathematics  education major. This was a really cool post to read. It was so interesting to read how you used math in an everyday situation. When people learn what my major is they ask me why and say "when will you ever use math", but I just respond with "I love Math". But thanks for sharing this story, it was very entertaining to read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment