Sunday, November 30, 2014

C4T #4

math makes your life add up
The Title of his Blog: Yo: A Math Teacher's Blog
Post #1 Niko Rowinsky frist post was titled "Is This Going To Be On the Test". He talked about how students would ask him this question and he worried why. He came to the conclusion that students only asked this question to study the material only for the test and forget it later on. I thought he was absolutely right, and I couldn't agree more.

My Comment:Hi my name is Janae, a student at The University of South Alabama. I have asked this question plenty of times in high school, but I never thought there was anything wrong with it. Now that I see how this question is approached from the perspective of a teacher I can see how there is a problem with it. It does make sense that a student would study the material only for the test and forget it later on.


Post #2 The next post Niko told his class to create a video. The prompt was "If you nhad 30 seconds to tell the whole world about math, what would it be? What point would you make? What story about you and math would you tell?" I thought this was very interesting and the students did a great job.

My Comment:  Hi, My name is Janae Ivory, a secondary math education major at the University of South Alabama. All I can say after watching these videos is "WOW!" Amazing! I liked the the second video so much because the number one question I always hear is "When will I ever use math?', and that video addressed that question. Your students did a wonderful job. this makes me so excited to become a math teacher now. Thanks for Sharing!


No comments:

Post a Comment