Sunday, October 26, 2014

Blog Post #10

What can we learn from Mrs. Cassidy?

student blog exposure and engagement flow chartMrs. Cassidy says plenty of times in all three videos that technology is not going anywhere, that teachers should strive to learn technology and use it to help students learn in a fun way. Mrs. Cassidy uses blogs, games, and Skype in her classroom. She allows her students to connect with students all around the world and discuss the things they do in the classroom. She organized her class in to centers, she says she has a reading center, a center where they use Nintendo DS for games, and a center where the students blog. I think the technique I would use that she uses is a class blog. I would start a blog where the students would blog every week about what they learned, if they liked what they learned and what they found difficult and easy. If I were to encounter any problems such as bad comments or for student to come across something inappropriate on the internet, I would educate my students on why its wrong to leave bad comments, and   why its important not to stray from the websites they are assigned to use. By using these approaches I would hope that students would be excited to come to class to learn and do projects, and to share their work with students all over the world.

2 comments:

  1. Be sure to include links to the videos you are referring to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog post Janae. I agree with what you said. I would also allow my students to blog about what they've learned each week. Furthermore, if they found a particular subject interesting I would let them conduct their own research so they probe deeper into the content. I believe this will help make them independent learners and teach them how to use the internet as a means to gain expertise on a topic.

    ReplyDelete