Sunday, October 12, 2014

C4T #2

           I commented on David Sladkey's blog.  The title of his blog is Reflections of a High school Math Teacher." I found this blog to be very beneficial to read because I am in school to become a high school math teacher.
word collage of words associated with math           The first post I read was "Have the Student Teach the Class: Student Engagement Wheel." Sladkey explains why it is  important for students to engage in the class, and why he thinks students should teach the class. He wants students to experience the same feelings teachers do when they have taught something to the class and everyone understands it. My comment was, I told him that I agreed with him, that I was planning on becoming a math teacher, and how useful the engagement wheel is, and how I can't wait to use it as a future teacher.
             The second comment I left on his blog was for the post titled "Shifting to the use of Desmos and Geogebra Online Graphing Calculators." I really enjoyed reading this post because Sladkey introduces two programs dedicated to the math field, Desmos and Geogebra. He explains what these websites are, how he uses them with is students, and even gives images of how one student uses these programs. I was very excited to leave a comment on this post. I wrote how it was exciting to learn about a program specifically for the Math field. After learning about all the programs used for teaching in this class I was trying to figure out how it would all apply to math, this is why I found the Desmos and Geogebra websites so interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment