Sunday, October 12, 2014

Blog Post #8

What Can We Learn About Learn Teaching and Learning from Randy Pasuch?

cover of the book published        One thing that really stood out to me was when Pausch was referring to a moment in the semester where he required teams of four students to complete a project in 2 weeks. He said they really surprised him and explained that the work that was turned in looked as if it was done in an entire semester and it was "A" material. The moral of this story is never underestimate what your students can and can not do. This is great advice  for a future teacher. We can also become great learners by self reflection. If we can look at our work and feedback that is given to us, and change those things we could all become better teachers and learners. We can also learn to love the job we have as a teacher, because if we do then our students would love what we teach them, and are excited to turn in projects and present. This was a wonderful lecture and I loved every bit of it. I learned a lot and it has me even more excited to become a teacher and a learner.

I have provided a link to this amazing lecture so you all can watch and enjoy!

Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams


2 comments:

  1. Hi Janae! I agree with you completely on everything you said in this post about Randy Pausch. In fact, we have made many of the same points. I thought this was a great post! I only found one thing wrong, which could have been just a type-o. Mr. Pausch's name is misspelled in the link you have inserted. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't assume that you reader has read the assigned material or watched the videos. More than just EDM students read your blog.

    "I learned a lot and it has me even more excited to become a teacher and a learner." This is great. What else did you learn?

    ReplyDelete